What are the effects of Covid-19 vaccine delays
Several vaccine delays and cutbacks have been reported. Instead of the 2 required vaccinations within 3 weeks, that should give 95% immunity, the second shot of the vaccination is given after 12 weeks.
It is currently not entirely clear how this will affect immunity or severity of getting ill with Covid-19.
When will you get your Covid-19 vaccine?
This priority list is currently as follows:
- residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
- all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
- all those 75 years of age and over
- all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
- all those 65 years of age and over
- all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
- all those 60 years of age and over
- all those 55 years of age and over
- all those 50 years of age and over